Let's get one thing straight: I do not like winter. For the most part, it's cold, dark, and depressing. Summer has always been my favorite season ever since I was a kid, and not much has changed about that. Where I live we have four seasons, and even though I would probably enjoy an endless summer, I have learned to appreciate different aspects of each season. I also have lived in the desert of the southwest, and I have to admit, that after awhile, the weather just got boring.
Some things that I think are good about winter (good might be a strong word, but I'm trying to maintain a positive attitude)
1. Hibernation: I'm an introvert, so this works for me.
2. Delicious hot drinks
3. Getting cozy on the couch with a handwork project (insert hot drink here)
4. A big snowstorm that shuts everything down
6. Hiking and/or snowshoeing: The trails are never crowded in the winter, and I love the solitude.
7. A cat or two on your lap (dogs too of course, but that happens all year long around here)
8. How invigorating it can feel to take a walk on a really cold day. (night walks after a big snowstorm are my favorite)
9. Hats, scarves, etc. etc.
10. Winter boots
Projects I'm working on this week
1. Crochet cardigan/jacket: I'm currently working some finishing work around the cuffs and neckline
2. I finished up two more sleeve tanks that I listed yesterday in the web shop
3. Yesterday I gathered up some yarn for a scrap scarf, but I only crocheted a couple of rows so far.
4. Still working on a blanket that I'm crocheting for my daughter's birthday in January. (I think she might be on to me though, because she keeps asking me what I'm making).
5. I pieced together the body of a jacket this morning.
See you later,